Sharon Receives Rousing Welcome

Sharon a musician with the Obsessions did not have a huge fan base at the beginning of the reality TV show and many actually felt she would receive the boot and favored the other Ugandan representative Ernest Wasake to go all the way. With a laid back personality at the beginning of the show, Sharon O gradually opened up and went all the way to the grand finale, becoming only the second Ugandan to achieve that feat after Gaetano Kaggwa’s stint in 2003.

After spending 91 days and outlasting 24 other housemates, Nigerian Karen Igho and Zimbabwean Wendall Parson scooped the grand prize of $200,000 each in a tense finale on M-Net’s reality show.

In Kampala at the screening of finale at Cayenne Bar in Bukoto, about 5 kilometres from the central business district, tension filled the air as presenter IK read out the names of the housemates to be evicted-Vina and Hanni did not survive the chop as the audience celebrated.

Their celebrations were however cut short when Sharon became the first evictee of the remaining five finalists, before Lomwe, and South African Luclay joined the evictees, leaving only Karen and Wendall on stage.

The tension reached fever pitch as the duo had no idea there were to be two winners, before IK broke the news to them that they had both won.

Last Wednesday was the day Uganda’s Sharon O jetted back into the country to a huge welcome party organized for her at the lavish Guvnor Night Club in Kampala.

Several big wigs, or as they call themselves, ‘Heavyweights’ in the entertainment circles graced the occasion and several artists entertained the enthusiastic crowd, including Navio, Jackie Chandiru, Siika chapatti singer Vamposs among others before Sharon herself showed the audience that she is still up for her singing career by sampling a few of the obsessions’ hits. Speaking to the press before she was ushered into Guvnor by big talking Kickboxing champion Moses Golola, Sharon said, “My strategy was to be myself throughout the game; I realize that people criticized me for being quiet in the beginning but it was important for me to study the environment I was in and see where I fall. I am honored to have made it this far and done Uganda proud although I wish I would’ve been one of the winners. But I am pleased with how I performed”.

She also added, “The massive attention I have received from Africa has given me a platform to expand my music across the continent and I can’t wait for what the future holds for me”.

The party continued late into the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the BBNaija Shine Ya Eye guys!

I Was Not Naked - Confidence

Launch: Biggie welcomes the Housemates! – BBNaija