The Confidence Interview: Talks about her days in the BBA house

Nightclub owner and CEO of a MultiMedia Company, 37-year-old Ghanaian Confidence certainly lived up to her name in the BB Amplified house.

Sexy and sassy, Confidence could be bossy at times too which had both viewers and housemates loving and hating her in equal measure.

On Sunday, she became the seventh housemate to exit the show, The Namibian yesterday chatted to her briefly about her time in the house, future plans and whether she really feeds her dogs chicken …


Was being the oldest person in the house a factor for you at all?

I would say, in a way, it did play a role but then again in other ways it didn’t make much of a difference. Sometimes I felt that I couldn’t have a mature conversation, although being mature really doesn’t have much to do with age.

In another sense, I think age is just a number in your heart. Youth is in your heart and it is all about how you deal with it so in some ways being older didn’t affect me at all. It doesn’t matter what age you are as long as you achieve what you put your mind to.

Were you attracted to any of the guys in the house?

Hell no!

Why did you decide to audition for BB Amplified, especially considering you were already well established career-wise before entering the house?

I auditioned because I thought Ghana should have been represented in a better way. I was the second female to represent Ghana and I wanted to show Africa that there are people living well and being successful right here in Africa. You don’t have to look up to female entrepreneurs like Kimora Lee Simmons when there are beautiful, strong women making it right here in Africa. We are here and we should be appreciated.

The naked-scene shot in the bath tub certainly raised some temperatures around Africa, how did it feel for you?

For me at the time I didn’t really think it through. I just knew what had to be done for the task and I wanted to win. That’s just my winning spirit. What viewers must understand is that when you’re given a task by Biggie you have to give it your all. I was in a tub filled with bubbles, I had my panties on, all my bits and parts were covered.

I don’t know why that should raise eyebrows, we were all adults in the house, there were no babies there. If my boobs caused a problem, oh well, I’m sorry then.

What did you learn about yourself through your BB Amplified experience?

I’ve learned that I have it in me to be patient, loyal, obedient and humble. I never thought I would be able to sleep in a room with so many other people, I have never done anything like it in my life. Now I know if I’m ever faced with such a situation, I would be able to handle it.

What were the highlights of your time in the house?

The rope challenge was the best and most difficult task. I also really enjoyed the last arena games where I got to beat somebody up. That was such good therapy for me!

Any regrets?

Not at all. I say this all the time, in life you make mistakes that you are aware of and those that you are unaware of. I can’t be sorry for the things I am unaware of. I am just happy I went in there. I didn’t pretend to be someone else. I didn’t gossip because it’s not in my nature.

After five weeks in the house, were you ready to go home?

I did pray to go home. I asked God to please let me go home. I know it’s a game and that there can be only one winner, well I found out yesterday there will be two winners now but still … In life you need to know when to pull the breaks. I didn’t want to lose it in the house. I have so many people that look up to me back home and one mistake from me in the house could have taken so much away. I wanted to go home and I’m happy to be going home.

Who did you miss most while in the house, your friends or your dogs?

My dogs for sure. I have a Chihuahua who I have had for about 10 years. Her name is Dushi which means ‘sweetheart’. Then I recently got a Chow-chow who I named after one of Ghana’s funniest actresses, Chewa.

Do you really feed your dogs chicken?

Honey, my dogs are luxury dogs! I do feed them chicken! (Laughs). This is the fourth time I’ve been asked about feeding my dogs chicken. Look, I have nothing against chicken, and I do eat live chicken, not frozen – but that is just my preference. I thought the housemates were being so petty fighting about chicken. I was just trying to manage the food so that we didn’t run out. It really wasn’t about chicken at all.

What is next for you?

Before I came to the house, I was in the process of opening an African restaurant so I’m going to get back to that. I need to decorate the place. I also want to travel around Africa and try to open a few more clubs if I get partners or if I can afford it. I will just go on with business as usual.

Who do you think deserves to win BBA Amplified and why?

I would say Weza because she is just herself and is unapologetic about that. I love her to bits. She is who she is. She’s not two-faced. She lives a fabulous life and is not afraid to say it. Big Brother was not just about being made famous, this time around he wanted people who were already living fabulous lives on the outside. She is fantastic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the BBNaija Shine Ya Eye guys!

I Was Not Naked - Confidence

Launch: Biggie welcomes the Housemates! – BBNaija